• Discounted energy-efficient installations

  • We could help you lower your energy bills by helping you with a discounted insulation and heating installation.

    SSE is helping thousands of vulnerable householders on low incomes reduce their heating bills and make their homes more energy efficient by offering discounted insulation and heating installations.

    To see if you could qualify for assistance call us today on 0345 078 3248* or complete our on-line enquiry form

    Our friendly advisers will be happy to check if you could benefit from the discounted scheme and talk you through the process, which includes a free, no obligation home energy assessment.

    The home energy assessment will determine if we can complete your installation free of charge or if a contribution is required from you.

    There is no obligation and you don't need to be an SSE customer, so why not call today? 

    Do I qualify for help?

  • You will need to own or privately rent your property.

    You' ll need to own your home or rent from a private landlord. The scheme is not open to social housing^.

    Before any work can commence in your property, we'll need to see proof of your ownership or tenancy status and take copies of this documentation for our records.

    You or someone residing in your property must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit:

    Child Tax Credit
    Pension Credit
    Universal Credit plus additional benefits
    Income Related Employment and Support Allowance plus additional benefits
    Income Related Job Seekers Allowance plus additional benefits
    Income Support plus additional benefits
    Working Tax Credit with an income of less than £15, 860 plus additional benefits

    For a full list of benefits click here.

    Sub qualifying benefit list:

    1. Have earned less than £1,167 in any one of the last 12 months prior to installation
    2. Have a parental responsibility for a qualifying child or young person
    3. Have a limited capacity for work and/or work-related activity
    4. Are a paid carer's element and can provide evidence of Department of Work and Pensions notification confirming an underlying entitlement to a limited capacity for work element
    5. Receive a work related activity or support component
    6. Have parental responsibility for a qualifying child~
    7. Receive a qualifying component#
    8. Receive a disabled workers element or severe disablement element
    9. Be aged 60 or over

  • The Home Energy Assessment will need to recommend an available energy saving home improvement.

    Our approved partner will capture key information about your home, such as the size of your property, building type and insulation levels to calculate its energy-efficiency and to recommend improvements that could be made. Our partner will also capture evidence that you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit and in private tenure. If you are able to provide the required documentation and an available energy saving home improvement is recommended, a Technical Survey will be carried out.

    The Home Energy Assessment is without obligation. You will not incur any cost should you choose not to go ahead with the installation.

    The Technical Survey confirms that your home is suitable for installation.

    Our partner will calculate the cost of the works and check that your home is suitable for installation, occasionally we will be unable to carry out the works in your home due to restrictions or technical issues.

    The results of the Home Energy Assessment and Technical Survey will then be reviewed and our partner will calculate how much funding is available.

    The Technical Survey is without obligation, you will not incur any cost should you choose not to go ahead with the installation.

  • If you're not sure you'll be eligible, you'd like to apply or simply have a query you'd like some assistance with, call us free on 0345 078 3248*, or fill out our online enquiry form here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

  • *We may monitor your call to help improve our customer service and ensure we meet our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
    ^Alternatively you could be a householder as defined in Schedule 2 of the ECO Order. (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2012/9780111530276/pdfs/ukdsi_9780111530276_en.pdf)
    †As determined under regulation 4 of the Universal Credit Regulations 2013.
    ~A child who ordinarily resides with that person and who—(i) is under the age of 16; or (ii) is 16 or over but under the age of 20 and in full-time education (other than higher education within the meaning of section 579(1) of the Education Act 1996(g))
    #“Qualifying component” means—(i) child tax credit which includes a disability or severe disability element; (ii) a disabled child premium; (iii) a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium; or (iv) a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium