• Moving house

  • Let us know you're moving house by calling our Homemoves team. We'll take care of everything for you.

    We'll need the following information:

    Check The date you're moving house
    Check Your old and new address

    And if you've already moved:

    Check Your closing and opening meter readings

    Rh talk

    Speak to our Homemoves team on 0345 071 9634*


    We're open

    Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm.
    Saturday 8am to 2pm

    Rh talk

    If you're a Landlord or Letting Agent, speak to our
    Landlord team on:

    0345 071 7861* for credit meters

    0345 078 3213* for Pay As You Go meters.


    We're open


    Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm.


    Meter Reading Forms

    If you've already told us you're moving and just want to give us your meter readings, please fill in one of the forms below - it's quicker than calling us.


    My new house has no power...

    If you've moved into a new house that has a Pay As You Go meter, but you've got no power, then please contact us on 0345 078 3213*. We'll work with you to try and get your supply up and running again to make sure you can settle into your new home as quickly as possible.

  • Help with your house move


  • What do I need to do?

    How do I tell you I'm moving home?

    Call us on 0345 071 9634*.
    We're open Mon-Fri 8am to 8pm and Sat 8am to 2pm.

    If you're a Landlord or Letting Agent, call 0345 071 7861* for credit meters and 0345 078 3213* for pay as you go meters. 

    We're open Mon-Fri 8am to 5.30pm

    I've already told you I'm moving and just want to give meter readings

    Contact us with your moving out readings and/or moving in readings. We'll update your account and send your final bill.

  • What information do I need?

    What do I need?

    • To have moved house already
    • Your old and new address
    • Your closing and opening meter readings

  • I have more questions...

    When will I get my final bill?

    If you've given your meter readings from the day you moved, you should get your final bill within seven to ten days.

    Should I close my Direct Debit?

    We recommend that you keep your Direct Debit open so we can collect the final balance or refund any money we owe to you.

    Can I transfer my final balance and Direct Debit to my new address?

    Yes, staying with us at your new address means that we can transfer any balance to your new account. And your Direct Debit plan will be moved as well, which is one less thing to think about! 
    We'll make sure that you're paying the right amount at your new address by reviewing your payments.

    What happens with my phone/broadband when I move?

    If you have phone and or broadband, we'll end your contract and start a new one at your new address. If you decide to not take the service with you, there will be a cancellation fee.

    Can you supply the gas and electricity at my new address?

    Yes, we're able to supply your energy almost everywhere in the UK.
    If your new property isn't supplied by us, make sure to tell the current supplier you've moved in. Then phone us to let us know you've moved and you can simply sign up your new house with us online.
    We'll take care of everything for you and tell the current supplier at your new address that you want to transfer your supply to us.

    I've had a bill addressed to the occupier (or someone else's name)

    If you've already been in touch with us, just ignore them. We'll be working to update the account to show that you're now responsible for the bills. We'll only bill you from the date you moved in and with the meter readings you gave us.

    If you haven't told us you've moved give us a call on 0345 071 7991* (we're open Monday to Friday 8am -8pm and Saturday 8am - 2pm).

    What if the property I'm moving into or out of has a Green Deal agreement?

    The Green Deal arrangement remains with the property, not the owner or occupier. Once the property exchanges hands, the Green Deal repayments will too. This means that if you're moving out of a property that currently has a Green Deal arrangement on it, you will no longer be responsible for the Green Deal repayments. The new owners or tenants will be responsible for making the payments through their energy bill, as you've been doing.

    If you're moving into a property with a Green Deal arrangement, you will now be responsible for making the repayments through your energy bill. For more information, speak to one of our Green Deal advisers.


    *We may monitor your call to help improve our customer service and ensure we meet our regulatory and legal responsibilities.