Go to content
Home »Phone and broadband »Prices »Phone »
Our website is automatically set to 'Allow Cookies' as this ensures the best possible experience.
Fixed Term Contract prices from 16 April 2013
talkevening & weekend
Our cheapest line rental product
Inclusive local and national evening and weekend calls
Inclusive local and national calls and to 20 international destinations anytime
Inclusive local and national calls and to 20 international destinations with discounted mobile rates anytime
Monthly package price
Monthly line rental
Local /national calls
Inclusive up to 70 mins, then 7.65p/min
Call setup chargefor non-inclusive calls
10 per minute for:
Inclusive up to 70 mins then 10p/min for:
the following 20 countries: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
£3.00 per feature per month or 4 features for £6.25 per month for any of the following features: Call barring, Caller display, Call diversion, Ringback, Call waiting, 3-way calling, Call sign and Call reminder
Please take a moment to read this extra important information about our home phone package.
1. talk is only available to residential customers with a BT line and is provided for domestic use only. Prices include VAT.
2. Payment should be by Direct Debit, otherwise a further charge will be applied each month to cover additional costs. Standard line rental charges include quarterly paper bills. Paper billing on a monthly basis is available at an extra charge of £1 per month including VAT. For details of charges that apply to your billing preference and for other charges that may apply in certain circumstances, see the talk charges and tariffs information on our website.
3. Termination Charges: after the cooling off period, termination charges apply to the fixed term talk packages, except talk light, if the contract is cancelled during the contract period. The charge is the following amount for each remaining month of the 12 month contract period: talk evening and weekend package: £2.50, talk anytime package: £5.00 and talk anytime plus package: £6.50.
4. Package choice can be changed but, if this takes place within the fixed term of a contract, it will result in the contract restarting for a new fixed term period and termination charges may be payable for the contract just terminated.
5. If you are on a fixed term package, at the end of the term we will invite you to renew your contract. If you choose not to proceed with the renewal, or if you fail to reply to a written renewal offer from us, your package will revert to an equivalent non fixed term package.
6. Different rates apply to international destinations not listed, international mobiles, international specialised services and non-geographic numbers such as directory enquiries, internet numbers and premium-rate services. 0870 calls cost a maximum of 20.25p for a one minute call with subsequent minutes costing a maximum of 7.65p per minute for both fixed term and non fixed term packages, with the exception of talk light; for talk light, 0870 calls cost a maximum of 22.20p for a one minute call with subsequent minutes costing a maximum of 8.40p per minute. Calls to other NTS (Number Translation Service) numbers vary depending on the number, with a maximum cost of 26.88p for a one minute call for both fixed term and non fixed term packages, with the exception of talk light; for talk light, these calls cost a maximum of 28.08p for a one minute call. Subsequent minutes for all packages cost a maximum of 14.28p per minute. For further details see the talk charges and tariffs information available on our website.
7. All local/national calls and calls to mobiles and international calls will be rounded up to the next whole minute. This does not apply to NTS, premium rate or inclusive calls. The total cost of each non-inclusive call will be rounded up to the nearest whole penny.
8. Inclusive talk calls are for local and national numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03. Inclusive calls last up to 70 minutes. Redial before 70 minutes to avoid additional charges. Daytime calls mean from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday; Evening calls before 7am and after 7pm Monday to Friday; Weekend calls midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.
9. 0845 & 0870 calls are free up to 70 minutes during the same inclusive periods as your call package. Excludes indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access. Fair use policy applies – maximum 1,000 minutes or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits is exceeded we will charge for these calls at the equivalent rate for non-inclusive periods.
10. For talk anytime fixed term packages, calls to standard fixed line destinations in specified international countries are inclusive up to 70 minutes. Redial before 70 minutes to avoid additional charges. Fair use policy applies – maximum 700 minutes a month. If this limit is exceeded we will charge for these calls at the equivalent rate for non-inclusive periods. For further details on international call charges, see the talk charges and tariffs information available on our website.
11. The mobile rates listed apply 7 days a week for calls to the following networks: O2, Orange, Vodafone and T-Mobile. Calls to personal numbers beginning 070 have different rates from standard mobile calls and both types are excluded from call packages. Calls to 070 numbers cost a maximum of 88.18p for a one minute call for all packages, with the exception of talk light where a one minute call costs a maximum of 89.38p. Subsequent minutes for all packages cost a maximum of 75.58p per minute. For further details see the talk charges and tariffs information available on our website.
12. The call set-up charge does not apply to inclusive talk calls as well as certain other call types. For further details see our talk charges and tariffs information which can be found on our website.
13. Terms and conditions apply, which can be found on our website.
Our talk Charges and Tariffs Information PDFs, below, contain our call prices with VAT calculated at 20%, including Premium Rate Service charges and Number Translation Service charges.
PDF file: talk fixed term contract charges and tariffs sold on or after 16 April 2013 effective from 7 March 2014 (278KB)
Most computers will open PDF files automatically. If not, you may need to download Adobe Reader. To do this, please visit the Adobe website.
Find answers to the most common questions our customers ask us.
Visit the FAQs
You can contact us on LiveChat, send us an email or give us a call.
Contact us now
Atlantic is a trading name of:
SSE Energy Supply Limited Registered in England & Wales No. 03757502 (Supply of Electricity, Home Phone, Broadband and Feed in Tariffs);
Southern Electric Gas Limited Registered in England & Wales No. 02716495 (Supply of Gas);
SSE Water Limited Registered in England & Wales No. 06021063 (Supply of Water);
SSE Home Services Limited Registered in Scotland No. SC292102 (Heating & Wiring, Shield Care & Servicing, Heating & Electrical Installations & Eco);
SSE Energy Solutions Limited Registered in Scotland No. SC386054(Energy Efficiency Installations & Insulation Products);
SSE Green Deal Provider Limited Registered in Scotland No. SC432920(Green Deal scheme)
All members of the SSE Group
VAT registration number 553 7696 03
The Registered Office of SSE Energy Supply Limited, Southern Electric Gas Limited and SSE Water Limited is 55 Vastern Road Reading Berkshire RG1 8BU
The Registered Office of SSE Home Services Limited, SSE Energy Solutions Limited and SSE Green Deal Provider Limited is Inveralmond House 200 Dunkeld Road Perth PH1 3AQ